Sunday, March 7, 2010

Glee!

     Yes, the title suggests the story that I'm going to blog about. And yes, I have been neglectful of my blog for the past month. I did try blogging at the beginning of February, but I had blogger's block. And, I was practically lazy for the whole of last month. Forgive me all my fans...er...fan.

     So, I was busy. And lazy. But I'm not now. So...well. A quick update. Celebrated Chinese New Year, managed the cafe in college, got into real lazy mode, finishing up my proposal for practical exam, finishing the presentation for the subject that involves the cafe, facebooked, stalked people's profile - and by people I mean my family and friends only, I'm weird, but not whack -, watched Glee and starting a show choir club based on watching Glee. Hah!

     And His and Her Royal Highnesses the Crown Prince and Princess of Norway will be visiting our college come Tuesday! Yay! Am I ever so excited! We have royalties coming to visit our small college. And we have to be in our traditional costumes. There's no bloody way am I going to wear a freakin' Cheongsam. I think I will settle for the Malay traditional costume of Baju Kurung...not flattering but it beats wearing a Cheongsam. I'll try to coerce my dad into loaning me his camera for this once in a lifetime event.

     So, yes. That's about it. Updates, updates and more updates. So, back to Glee. Oooh...how I love that show. Who cares even if the actings are not Oscar worthy? The point is it is new, refreshing and provides a great entertainment to us mere mortals living in a cruel world. What I love the most are the music scenes where they start singing and performing. It's freakin' awesome even if they are no Beyonce when it comes to performing. Next, is the hot hunk of a teacher, William Schuester played by Matthew Morrison. Fuck it if he can't rap like Usher or Kanye. He's still HOT doin' that Kanye piece, 'Gold Digger'.

     This story represents everything I love. Singing and dancing to make a splendid performance. A show choir is something I would love to be part of if my high school actually had a club like this. They only went for choir competitions but there weren't any choir club. To top it all, they rejected all applicants who did not have a music background for choir including me. That's probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard. In the end, due to shortage of male vocals they had to recruit guys without musical background. Finally, they lost. Haha.

     I am not ashamed to say that I secretly hoped that they would lose. They're ruling in the very first place was stupid and nonsensical. I had a decent singing voice, no Mariah or Celine, but enough to not split people's ears. Do not be disillusioned by people with musical background. Good ear in music do not mean good voice. If you ever heard some of the best producers in the music industry sing, even you will cringe in pain. Secondly, the choir teacher was an old spinster who loved no one but herself. It wasn't a shocker that they lost. They sucked from the beginning till the end. So, I guess it was a blessing in disguise.

     Back to the topic at hand. Glee is a breath of fresh air I would say. It is definitely no High School Musical. True that they break out into a song once in a while, but the scores that they sing are lovely and catchy. Whereas High School Musical only captured the audience with their songs during their first installment. After that, it was a downward spiral. Pathetic truly. However, the songs sang by the casts in Glee were truly crowd pleasers and favourites. The mesh-up episode, where they mixed two different songs and made it into one, were truly spectacular.

     The plot is truly delicious. Rivalry and revenge is constantly present in this show in the form of Sue Sylvester played and performed outstandingly by Jane Lynch. Her bitchiness and scheming ways keeps the show entertaining and juicy. I have to say the only other female actress who impressed me with an outstanding performance was Jamie Lee Curtis in Freaky Friday. Jane Lynch is my new favourite as she slips into the shoes of a sadistic cheerleading coach perfectly. Her attempts to thwart the success of the Glee Club as they interfere with the funding of her Cheerios is hiliarious and malicious, definitely.

     Well, I could go on and on about this show and the characters in it. But I won't spoil any of your fun. Just watch it for yourself and you would be hooked in no time. As for me, I can't wait for the remainder of the 1st season to be aired so that I can watch it and have some fun.

Gleekly Gleek,
MaeQ

No comments:

Post a Comment